Let me give you a timeline of our moving in schedule. Our closing date was August 31st, and therefore we had all utilities switched to our name August 31st. We ended up closing around 4 p.m., so we actually moved in the next day, September 1st, and spent our first night there. My first day to check the mail box, there’s a bill from OG&E for an activation fee and security deposit. Fair enough, I knew it was coming. The bill was for the activation they accomplished on August 31st, and the due date of the bill was September 2nd. “Hm”, I thought. “All right OG&E, I’ll see what I can do.” I wrote a check immediately and dropped it in the mailbox. Apparently, I didn’t act quick enough.
This was particularly bad timing since we were having some masonry work done in the backyard, and Rocky (seriously, the mason guy’s name) needed electricity from our house. Needless to say, the masonry work has been delayed.
Taylor called to find out what was going on, and this is where it gets ridiculous for me. They had our power scheduled to be turned off today, and also had our power scheduled to be turned back on today. So we (actually our cats, since we were at work) went approximately 4 hours without power today for being delinquents.