Sorry for the lack of posts. Some wonderful stuff has been going on at the house on Penny Lane and the last thing on my mind was, well… the house on Penny Lane. Fortunately, Rob has forced my mind back with the state of his office.
Around these parts, Rob’s office is very much the final frontier. Its potential has been the last to be explored, not to mention it’s the last room on the official tour, which ends very much with a whimper.
So here’s the mood board!
1. Our beautiful wood floors extend all the way to even Rob’s galaxy.
2. A geometric black and white rug will bring pattern to an otherwise monotonous room.
3. A Besta desk from IKEA. I’ve been eyeing this desk for a while. It’s long and narrow – perfect for seating two (if needed) in a small space.
4. Good ol’ Billy bookcases from IKEA. We already have 3 of the larger units, we just need a couple thinner units to fully span the wall in the office. I’m trying to talk Rob into adding doors to the bookcases, but we’ll see.
5. A black drawer unit from, who else, IKEA. This will be the perfect landing pad for the printer and any other necessary electronics that we don’t want stored on top of the desk. I chose black over white for a bit of unexpected contrast amongst the furniture with an added bonus of camouflaging our large, black printer.
6. Clocks! Rob is a man who loves clocks. Well here’s your chance, Rob. Choose one or choose them all! Have a wall of clocks, I dare you!
a. Solar system clock: very fitting for the galactic office, no? This clock depicts heavenly bodies orbiting around the sun.
b. Giant flip clock: my personal favorite.
c. Slim wall clock: I thought this might work well mounted on the narrow bit of wall between the two windows in the office.
d. Grayscale clock: a clock after my own heart.
e. Multicolored clock: unexpected, right?
Guess what? I already know which clock Rob has selected. Can you guess which one it is?