I had a great post started about adding address numbers to my house complete with paranoid blurred-out pictures. Just when I was going to add the final evening picture, I realized my mishap.
My original plan was to have “floating” house numbers (mounted on spacers) that hung below my porch light. I envisioned illuminated numbers that could clearly be seen from the street. I did not get that. Instead, I got a jumble of shadows that only mucked up the look of my porch.
So I had to start over. Pulling out screws that have already been glued was… tricky. So tricky I’ve been left with a bruised up chin. Fortunately, the house numbers I had could be converted to flush mounted numbers. Unfortunately, the difference was negligible. The porch light still casts shadows, although less so. At this point, I’m ok with it. It’s not perfect, but it’s better than it was.